A MESSAGE FROM LILLIAN’S LIST:
As things begin to wind down for the holidays, we are so pleased to share with you our year in review. The staff and Board of Lillian’s List has been hard at work since the 2018 General Election strategizing how we could improve and elect as many pro-choice progressive women to the NC General Assembly as possible. We’re thrilled to say that our strategy worked, and we have nine new women joining the General Assembly! Thank you! It is because of the dedication of the Lillian’s List Sisterhood that we are able to work on our mission to recruit, train, and support pro-choice, progressive women running for office in North Carolina.
Check out more of our year in review:
We’re so thrilled that Sydney Batch, Christy Clark, Ashton Clemmons, Allison Dahle, Rachel Hunt, Carolyn Logan, Natasha Marcus, Kandie Smith and Julie von Haefen won their elections and will be speaking up for women in the General Assembly. These women helped break the super majorities in the House and Senate and will be helping Governor Cooper uphold our progressive values.
- For the first time ever, the Lillian’s List PAC supported all of the progressive women incumbents running for re-election and they will continue their service to North Carolina!
- In 2018 we supported more candidates than ever before. When we support candidates, we look at both the person and the district. In 2018, we were lucky to support 20 women running strong, modern campaigns for the General Assembly.
- Before we support Featured Candidates through our Lillian’s List PAC, we spend the year before candidate filing working hard training and recruiting women to run for office. In 2017 and 2018 we held 16 trainings and trained 450 progressive leaders.
- We trained 55 people at the Jamie Kirk Hahn Academy for campaign managers and staff. Many of our alumni went on to run or work on NCGA campaigns in North Carolina in 2018.
- 75% of our 2018 Featured Candidates are graduates of our training programs.
- Last, but not least, because of the Lillian’s List Sisterhood we have been able to direct over $375,000 to our Featured Candidates this year through PAC donations and our collective giving program. THANK YOU!
We’re so pleased with the progress we have made so far and our impact on the 2018 election, but the ball never stops rolling at Lillian’s List. We are already planning what we can do in 2019 to make sure the 2020 election is even more successful. In 2019, we will be ramping up our work at the local level with more trainings for women running for local offices. Of course, we will also be recruiting for the 2020 General Assembly races.
If you are a woman who wants to run for office, we want to meet you! You can respond to this message and let us know that you’re interested in running and we’ll make sure you receive our training announcements. If you know a women who wants to run for office but is not connected to us, please encourage her to sign up for our email list or reach out to our office.
Thank you again for supporting our mission over the last two years!
Lillian’s List | 3117 Poplarwood Ct, Suite 130, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 834-9008 | http://www.lillianslist.org