- CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE ABOUT THE TRUMPCARE VOTE.
If he voted yes, express your opinion on the negative impact it will have on his constituents and the country. Tell him he will be held accountable for this vote in the 2018 election.
Your reasons should be personalized and could include:
- It potentially takes health care from 24 million Americans
- It severely cuts Planned Parenthood
- It was passed without hearings and a budget score
- It will raise premiums on the poor and middle class through tax credits pegged on age, not income, that are far less than the current subsidies
- It brings back yearly and lifetime caps on coverage
- State waivers can remove essential benefits such as mental health care, emergency room care and preventive care
- It doesn’t allocate nearly enough funding for the high-risk pools for those with pre-existing conditions
If your representative voted no, express your thanks.
2. CALL SENATOR BURR TO EXPRESS EMPHATICALLY THAT HIS INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE MUST COMPLETELY INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN TIES TO THE 2016 ELECTION AND TAKE THE FACTS WHERE THEY LEAD THE COMMITTEE.
3. CALL YOUR SENATOR TO TELL HIM THAT YOU EXPECT HIM TO VOTE AGAINST THE TRUMPCARE BILL THAT WILL BE COMING OVER FROM THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF THE SEVERE, NEGATIVE IMPACT IT WILL HAVE ON THOUSANDS OF HIS CONSTITUENTS
Thom Tillis (202-224-6342 and 704-509-9087)
Richard Burr (202-224-3154 and 800-685-8916)
Robert Pittenger (202-225-1976 and 704-362-1060)
Alma Adams (202-225-1510 and 704-344-9950)
Ted Budd (202-225-4531)
Lindsey Graham (202-224-5972 and 804-250-1417)
Tim Scott (202-224-6121 and 864-233-5366)