In attendance: J. Anderson, K. Jones, K. Knoble, H. Pruess, J. Shen, T. Wiggins
Mission of Environmental Group:
- Limit focus to local and NC state environmental issues for greater impact.
- Inform membership about environmental issues and pending legislation.
- Advocate to safe guard the environment.
- Inform legislators about environmental impacts, as appropriate.
Find representatives and track pending legislation through govtrack.us
Click for: Catwaba Riverkeeper – NC River Keeper Report
- Identify and summarize 2017 NC State legislative agenda – environment (K. Jones and T. Wiggins) by April 5 for dissemination to CWM members
- J. Shen to investigate signage
- K. Knoble to speak with E. Syrewicze at Catawba Riverkeepers
Publish list of City Council Members and contact information so that CWM members have information at their fingertips.
April 22 – Earth Day
March for Science – Science, not Silence
This event is a celebration of science. It is a call to safeguard the scientific community, support those who do research, and advocate for evidence-based policies.
10 am – 2 pm
Meet at Marshall Park, 800 E. 3rd Street, Charlotte
Event begins with speakers followed by march.
Post-march at Marshall Park there will be “teach-in” tents set up with representatives from a variety of environmental organizations, as well as the science community. Purpose is to educate attendees on how to advocate.
As of 3/13, speakers will be from:
- Clean Air Carolina
- Catawba Riverkeepers
- Carolina Raptor Center
- Sierra Club