Initial Meeting Notes
February 7, 2017
Focus initially on two areas:
Public schools vs. charters and the use of vouchers, focusing on the state legislative and local level (where we get the vast majority of funding).
Affordable/universal early childhood education.
Group members volunteered to undertake the following tasks:
* Identify websites that address these issues and monitor them on a regular basis.
* Contact Ann Doss Helms at The Charlotte Observer to get her input.
- Contact the Women’s Impact Fund’s Education Group.
- Meet again within the next two to four weeks.
To be decided:
* Contact our new Superintendent of Education to get his views.
* Contact UNCC to see learn what information the school can provide and track any programs and information they may have to offer.